If you've been following for a while, you know that I cannot pass up a good recipe for pasta. Don doesn't eat rice, and potatos can become so boring.
Tonight it's Orecchiette with Cauliflower Pasta, recipe and image courtesy of Martha Stewart Living.
- 1 pound orecchiette or other short pasta
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 to 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 5 minutes less than package instructions for al dente; add cauliflower. Cook until pasta is al dente and cauliflower is tender, 5 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Drain pasta mixture; set aside.
- In same pot, heat oil over medium; add garlic, red-pepper flakes, and anchovies. Cook, breaking up anchovies with a spoon, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pasta mixture, cheese, and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, adding more cooking liquid if necessary to thin sauce. Add parsley; toss. Serve, topped with additional cheese, if desired.
Doesn't that look and sound amazing?
I've been accessorizing with orchids and potted plants lately to freshen up and transition into Spring. Just need to set the table for two...
It's been a great weekend. Sister and I worked on a few work projects yesterday but made time for a fun lunch at Cheers on the patio. It was a great day! What's on your plate lately?
It's your turn. Let's Talk!