A big apology that I am posting so late but this has been an absolutely wonderful weekend. Never happier than when we're surrounded by family and friends.
It's been a full day. Don and I went to our church last night and it was a phenomenal service. This morning we visited my parents church where my precious Daddy taught Sunday school. This was our first time to hear him teach and it was a real treat. We left right after to come home and get ready for a family gathering for lunch...
I had great intentions to take lot's of pictures to post, but it just didn't happen. There was way too much going on. I did snap a couple of pics of the table on Friday night with my i-phone...
The potted cups of mint were gifts for the girls and the chocolate bunnies were for the boys.
We're traditionalist so the menu doesn't change much from year to year. On the menu...
Fresh fruit salad with Grand Marnier dressing,Green salad with shaved parmesan and balsamic vinaigarette, Sauteed green beans, Southern shoepeg corn with cream, Hashbrown potato casserole, deviled eggs,black pepper ham with apricot sauce and orange mandarin cake.
You may want to save this menu for next year because it is a crowd pleaser. I'll go ahead and share the Orange Mandarin Cake recipe because it would be great for luncheons or special occasions all Spring long...
Orange Mandarin Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin oranges with juice. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the topping: In a large bowl, beat together whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until blended. Spread on cake.
I'm so thankful. We're so blessed. How did you spend your day? Any special recipes to share?
It's your turn. Let's talk!