It's just been so hot! Hard to get motivated to fire up the stove or stand in front of a grill.
We're spending as much time as we can on Greers Ferry...
Jansen's Restaurant.. is right on the lake and a favorite of ours.
We just pulled in to pick up our carrot cake on the way in... It's a six layer cake that is absolutely delicious!
Love the addition of the cute little string of basket lights on the patio...
Yes, that is a gorgeous lake in the background.
Tonight it's gonna be something really light and yummy...I can hardly wait!
Smashed White Bean and Avocado Sandwich...
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices multigrain bread
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, preferably hothouse (seedless), thinly sliced (peeled, if desired)
- 1 4- to 5-ounce container sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish, broccoli, or a combination)
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, oil, salt, and pepper. Roughly mash the mixture with the back of a fork.
- Place 8 of the bread slices on a work surface. Divide the mashed beans among them. Top with the onion, cucumber, sprouts, and avocado.
- Stack the open-faced sandwiches on top of one another, avocado-side up, to make 4 double-decker sandwiches. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Slice each sandwich in half, if desired, and serve.
The table's all set...
What's on your table for hot Summer nights?
It's your turn. Let's talk!