Can't wait to share this new recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride .
Brie and Brisket Quesadillas with Mango Barbeque Sauce
Share with friends for a casual supper...
- 3 lb brisket
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz Dublin Dr. Pepper (made with real sugar)
- Mango Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 3/4 – 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Creole (spicy brown) mustard
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 8 8-in flour tortillas
- 8 oz brie, thinly sliced
- 1 cup monterrey jack, shredded
- olive oil or cooking spray, to brush tortillas
- cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- To make the brisket: Rub the meat with salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic.
- Place brisket in the crockpot and pour the Dr. Pepper over the top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from the crockpot and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice against the grain (1/8-1/4 inch thick).
- To make the barbecue sauce: Heat olive oil in a 2-qt sauce pan.
- Saute onions for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and run until smooth.
- To assemble the quesadillas: Heat a griddle or large pan over medium-high.
- Lay out the tortillas. Divide the meat, brie, and monterrey jack between the tortillas, placing the meat and cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Top with a spoonful or two of barbecue sauce and fold the other half over.
- Place on the heated grill (brushing the tortilla with oil or cooking spray will prevent sticking).
- Cook until the bottom is crisp and flip over.
- Remove from heat and slice into thirds. Serve with extra barbecue sauce.
The table's all set...
We've had a restful weekend...How was yours?
It's your turn. Let's talk!
Tablescape Image via Pinterest