You are going to love this recipe shared by Paula with Salad in a Jar...it is soooo good! (and so is her blog)
Serve as an appetizer or entree...
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken Bites
If you don’t like hot, leave out the jalapenos or skimp a bit. Fresh jalapenos are preferred over the canned or pickled ones traditionally used with nachos. They are milder and prettier too.
- 8 chicken tenders, flattened and cut in two
- 3-ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- Dab 1/2 teaspoon (more or less) of cream cheese on top of each chicken tender. Sprinkle a scant 1/4 teaspoon of peppers over cream cheese. Fold or roll chicken to enclose cream cheese mixture. Wrap each roll with one piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill until bacon is brown and crispy on both sides.
A really yummy yet simple recipe. Our favorite kind.
A great weekend to eat outdoors...Enjoy this while you still can.
Hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. We've been very lazy! How about you? Have you had a great holiday?
It's your turn. Let's talk!
Image via Stylefiles