Hands down...Pasta with fresh tomatoes, garlic, a little olive oil and fresh grated cheese is the
Sister's very favorite dish...
Have this by itself for an entree with maybe a salad...or add chicken or shrimp.
(This particular one is from Martha Stewart, but lot's of variations on these ingredients. I don't even measure anymore...and often add chopped white or green onion) Yum!
- 2 1/4 pounds unrefrigerated ripe tomatoes (preferably plum)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (from 2 garlic cloves), plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti or spaghettini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Finely chop tomatoes, basil, parsley, and garlic, and mix together with oil (or pulse ingredients, including oil, in a food processor to blend).
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, and toss it in a serving bowl with the raw sauce. Transfer to 6 shallow bowls, and drizzle with oil. Serve with cheese.
I love to serve Pasta in pretty bowls...
These handmade bowls found on Etsy are fabulous...Click here for more information.
Of course we need to set the table...
It's Sunday night...no formality and I don't have any fresh flowers on hand...
I'm loving cutting boards for place mats with my pasta bowls...and we light lot's of candles company or not...
Just add some crusty bread...and a wonderful glass of wine...
It's Your Turn. Let's Talk!